I had been serving on the carnival planning committee doing ticket orders along with a veteran so E and I got there a bit early. When we got there, the games and food were in full swing. You could hear excitement in voices and see smiles on faces as a child was able to "tame the lion" or when their balloon art was exactly what they had requested.
E was a bit apprehensive at first, but once daddy got there it was much better. The two boys did the cake walk three times and finally won a strawberry cake.
They threw the frog football a zillion times.
And dug in the Dino dig for treasures.
E cried at different times, but it was at the end of the night when I asked if he had fun and I got a fist pulled from high in the air and an exuberant "yeah!" from his tiny voice. It made the night all worthwhile.
I had to go back to the ticket table and finish up the counts and sales and Chris and Ethan were out of game tickets. However, E came running toward me to show me his one last prize of the night. His balloon art, to which he proudly held up and said, "dog". Yes buddy, it is a dog!
Chris and E left for the night and just as quickly as the carnival was put up, it was taken down and packaged back up for next year. Memories were made by all who attended.
Prince of Peace has been a blessing to Ethan and to our family in a multitude of ways. Serving on the carnival committee was just one simple way for me to say thanks.
One last picture of the McGee three first official school carnival.
Until next time!
E





