These last few days in Kansas, Missouri and now Oklahoma have been extremely humbling! It all began on Saturday, May 21. Chris and I were sitting outside with G and P enjoying some nice cool, fresh air when all of a sudden the tornado sirens blew. we knew there would be rain, but wow, the sierns just threw us for a loop.
For the next three hours it was full of uncertainty of what was going on all around us. We received hail and lots of it... we received rain and lots of it... we received wind, but not as much as others! We we watched the clouds, we wondered what was happening with friends who live south of town. What were they getting in the way of weather? Did they have damage?
Pictures started showing up on Facebook and commens of car windshields broken out locally, but nothing of major damage. Reading, Kansas had one fatality and the town is practically gone. Then we get it... Joplin, Missouri reports a major tornado. Deaths toppling 116, hospital - gone; homes - gone; sense of protection - gone. We have a good friend who is originally from Joplin, so our thoughts immediately went to him and his family. Thanks to social media, we quickly found out that they were all safe, but everything of theirs is gone. He has since headed to Jjoplin to help with cleanup and recovery.
Then last night, Oklahoma gets hit, today Kansas City gets hit... when will it end? I know that we live in tornado alley, but I am ready for a break. Give these towns a break!
I wish I could do more, but in my state, the best I can do right now is provide prayers to those who are survivors of this natural disaster. What are you doing? Donating time, money, resources?
It's amazing how communities and the country come together during these times of turbulance.
Until next time.
E
No comments:
Post a Comment