Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful Times


Many of my friends on Facebook have been posting daily "thanks" in their status. I never could commit to doing it daily, so here it goes in one felt swoop (some are so trivial,and yet, some are really meaningful):

***these are in no particular order either***

  1. 30. White Chocolate Mocha from Juli's Cafe. It's a nice treat on a cold morning.
  2. Wood Valley. It has brought me back to tennis and thus have met some new friends.
  3. Facebook. While it seem so silly, it has connected me with friends and family near and far. 
  4. My iPad! It allows me to connect quickly.
  5. My Mom's Night Out group at First Presbyterian Church. I had a vision, but these ladies had to  come together and want it to make the group work!
  6. Audrey Quick. She got me through some hard times when Ethan was little. And she continues to be a huge support and friend to me.
  7. Girls Nights with friends... even if it is to finish the Twilight Saga!
  8. Junior League of Topeka. It taught me a lot great life lessons.
  9. TARC. They have really given some great advice to help Ethan reach his potential.
  10. People Magazines. Sometimes it is okay to be taken away from reality!
  11. Music. It makes us smile and Ethan is learning a quick beat!
  12. Our niece Sarah and nephew Andrew. Sarah and Ethan have some special bond that I am unable to explain. When they play together, it all  just warms my heart.
  13. The NICU staff... enough said.
  14. Our house. It is now a home... and continues to be more every day!
  15. A fireplace. I love a roaring fire in the evenings as we wind down for the night. Now if only the weather would cooperate.
  16. My parents. They support Chris, Ethan and I in all that we do. Plus, they are GREAT babysitters! :)
  17. That my baby boy goes to sleep so well at night!
  18. That we as adults don't remember teething for the first time.
  19. Pictures and videos. It's a great way to capture life and memories at the drop of a hat.
  20. FaceTime. Getting to connect and share Ethan and our family with others that are far away is always a daily treat.
  21. Dog Shame. It makes me realize my dogs are NOT that bad after all. They are just normal.
  22. For old friends! No matter the time that has gone by, it's fun to reconnect and it's like no time has passed at all.
  23. Our FPC Equipping Class. We met, we learned, we shared, we miss  our time together.
  24. A ball popping dinosaur that sings. It has provided hours of entertainment to Ethan so mom can get a few things done.
  25. This blog. Even though I don't post much, I'm glad I have it!
  26. Miss Hollie! Ethan LOVES her and Chris and I trust her with our heart. She is just an extention of our family. (I must add her family into this as well.)
  27. Capper Foundation Easter Seals. Kim and Wilma have worked (and continue to work) miracles! More on that later. 
  28. Gatsby and Pippi. Even though I get frustrated with them, they make life exciting. 
  29. Ethan! He makes me a better person. 
  30. Chris! He is my rock on a lot of levels.
What are you thankful for? Leave me a message and let me know!

Until next time!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment