In mid-August, I received the most random e-mail from a friend of ours (Chris Palmer) telling me that he had nominated me as of Topeka's 20 Under 40 Leaders.
Sure enough, Ethan and I were at his PT appointment in mid-September when I received a phone call from Jessyca Rodenberg saying she was sitting in front of my house.. and that she'll come back shortly. She was at my door congratulating me for being selected as one of "Topeka's Coolest Young Professionals." I was blown away! That set in motion another three page questionnaire about me, a photo shoot with Nathan Hamm for the cover of the TK Magazine winter issue, a video ID recorded at WIBW, a short on-air interview for the 20 Under 40 Video and an awesome award dinner with friends and family.
I am extremely grateful for the selection committee for recognizing me as a leader in the community. Since stopping working "corporately" and chosing to focus my efforts on Ethan, home and volunteer work, I started to wonder if I had (or was) losing my identity. I am okay with my new role, and I LOVE IT! But it is also nice to know that what you are doing is appreciated.
Here are a few of the items that we did:
TK Magazine (I'm on page 30-31)
Video from the event (they broke us up into 4 groups of 5)
Media from the event:
CJOnline Article - see who the lead quote is from? And scroll through the pictures!
And here I am with our take home frame from the event:

Thanks to everyone who has been part of my journey. I really appreciate it.
Until next time,
E

No comments:
Post a Comment