Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

It's been WAY too long!

Long time no see dear blog! My apologize for my absence, but it is for good reason. Life has been busy.

I had all great intentions to posting a picture or a quick note daily at the start of 2012... a resolution of sorts. Then Chris' dad passed away after a hard battle with cancer. The planning, traveling and just plain emotions of it all took a toll on all of us. But despite such a rough start to the year, the McGee clan has done a lot of great stuff.

Ethan started swimming lessons! Although he didn't enjoy having mom or dad blow in his face and then be submerged under the water, he did enjoy kicking and floating. Now to just keep him in the water... he's bound to stop crying one of these days!

I started working out at the YMCA approximately three times a week. That has trailed off lately due to other circumstances, but it was a big deal to leave little E in the nursery for the first time. He just LOVES watching the other kids play. I am determined that by being around other kids and interacting with them, he is learning.

Ethan started a new physical therapy regime and it is paying huge rewards. Chris and I couldn't be happier with our choice to add this in once a week.

In February, I was awarded the Theta of the Year award by the Topeka Alumnae chapter. Mindy did a fantastic job introducing me and definitely had me fooled as to who was going to win.

March seems to have come and gone quickly. Chris and I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. It's amazing how quickly time flies when you are having fun. Over "spring break", the McGee clan joined with the Klausman clan and Ethan took his first airplane ride. We all took to the slopes of Vail for three days. It was a much needed break for me and for Chris. Ethan did an incredible job of traveling and it gave us hope that we can do it more often. Flying with his medicine is a little bit of a trick, but nothing we can't handle. While adults skied, Ethan and Conner played with nanny Kelly, my mom or Colorado Grammy Jenny. They went sledding, swimming, touring Edwards, playing at the condo. Overall, the kids had just as much fun as the adults. When we returned home from our R&R, Ethan popped out his first tooth!

Junior League has continued to plug along. It's hard to believe that I am almost done with 24 months of the most amazing experience. Two weeks after Ethan and I took a trip to St. Louis to visit friends, I went on a vacation alone for the first time in a LONG time. I had the great opportunity to attend the AJLI Annual Conference in San Fransisco. It was such an awesome four days, but I missed my little man a lot!

We continue to stay busy, but that's best for us! I promise I'll try to be better about updating. If I don't, start harassing me! :)

But before I go, here is a quick montage of photos of Ethan since he's changing so rapidly.


Until next time!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment