Lions and Tiger and Bears, oh my! Only the life as a McGee hasn't been all about Lions and Tigers and Bears... read below to see what we have been up to the last week or so!
April 17: Chris participated in the Spring Migration Triathlon in Emporia. Tyson raced too and Mike Burgess came along for the ride and to cheer the boys on. Good thing since I couldn't run from place to place like I usually do! Depending on McBaby's arrival date, this could be Chris' only race of the year until the fall.
April 18: JLT participated in the USD 501 Family Fun Night! There were a TON of families and staff there that night. We had a really great response to the HHM obstacle course, and will participate again! Great Job Laura and Rachel for getting it set-up!
April 20: I successfully conducted and survived my first JLT Annual Meeting! Of course, I couldn't do it without the help of my board. We successfully moved a dues increase of $10 to active members and $8 to sustainers with no problems. Thanks to Sarah Meyer for writing the script! It definitely takes an army to accomplish the event!
April 22 and 23: Chris and I had a very unique opportunity to meet Mr. Ben Vereen at TPAC as part of his three-day experience to help TPAC celebrate their 20th Anniversary. He was warmly welcomed back to Topeka since he was the first performer at TPAC years ago! Mr. Vereen is an exceptional artist, and an equally exceptional person. At the meet and greet on Friday, we snapped a shot with him. He is "blessing the next art generation". After the concert on Saturday, we again had an opportunity to talk with him. He signed his CD for me and told me he expects great things from Baby McGee. HE REMEMBERED ME!!! Anyway, here is a picture of us together from Friday night.
April 24: EASTER!!! Chris and I went to Church and celebrated Easter there before heading to Casa de Barker (Joan and Bill's) for a family gathering. Joan lets us be "kids" every year. Amanda, Kye, Chris and participated in an Easter egg hunt through the house. Chris and I had our ten eggs each before Amanda and Kye even got started. Why one may ask... Kye found the shrimp in the back room and decided it was more appealing!
So what have you been up to? I haven't forgotten about my blog, just been a big "bogged" down!
Until next time!
E


No comments:
Post a Comment