Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Celebrating 6 years!


This past weekend, Chris and I headed to Kansas City for a nice get away in the midst of chaos in our house! It was also a nice way to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary that was actually on March 12!

We started Friday night with watching the KU game in the car on the iPhone while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic between Lawrence and mile marker 208. To be honest, the best part was spending time with Chris cheering on the Hawks! The worst part, the car sickness that came along with the start and stop movement. But we finally made it to the Plaza and enjoyed the rest of our night.

Saturday, Chris biked and ran while I actually got my first 9 hour night of sleep in who knows how long! We fixed pancakes and just took our time getting around for the day. Knowing my love for Princess Diana, we ventured out to Union Station to see the Diana Exhibit that is showing until June 12. I've got to say, it was incredible and so worth the money and the wait in line. Her family put it together and... wow... it's classy! From tiara's to dresses, to the wedding dress and her death, it was just very well done. If you have a free weekend, I'd recommend it. This is the last stop in the US before the exhibit goes back to England. I'd probably go with you again if you're interested!

By the time we were done ooing and aahhing at Diana, it was pouring rain outside. We went back to the condo and had lunch and before we knew it, three hours had passed and both of us had fallen asleep! Guess all the remodeling has taken it's toll on us both. And I'm not doing to the heavy lifting! But, we quickly awoke and headed down to the Plaza for some wandering and eating. Pretty soon, we decided we were okay with having a late dinner back at the condo and watching the KSU basketball game. Thank goodness for March Madness!

Sunday came and went and before we knew it, we were back in Topeka and Chris was ripping up carpet in our second floor! He had some great backup help and the job was complete in just a few short hours.

I don't say it enough, but thanks Chris for six GREAT years! Here's to many more to come!

Until next time!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment