It just hit me that we are about two weeks away from Thanksgiving and Chris and I haven't done a darn thing to prepare for the big event. We will be having approximately 20 people to our house for the Thankful day. While the stress of the holiday gets to me at times, I really do enjoy having everyone over to our home to celebrate together. I feel like we finally have it down to a science.
1. Clean the weekend before everyone comes in!
2. While one cleans, the other tackles the grocery store.
3. Together, stay up until the WEE hours of the morning finishing the dusting.
4. Go to work Monday and Tuesday (this year I took Tuesday off!).
5. Start cooking Wednesday morning. We do the turkey and the potatoes!
6. Set all tables with china and keep dogs out of formal living room!
7. Spend Wednesday night with Chicago McGee's.
8. Come home and finish any last minute details. (Sometimes Sarah comes with us!)
9. Wake up Turkey Day, fix breakfast, watch the Macy's day Parade. (All about tradition!)
10. Set out appetizers and drinks, guests start arriving at 1:00P.
11. Warm food, eat by 1:30P.
12. Dessert at 2:30... games/puzzles following.
13. Wash china and dishes and put away immediately.
14. Spend time with family for the evening.
15. CRASH from exhaustion!
Although there is so much that goes into it, I wouldn't change our Thanksgiving tradition for anything. I'm thankful for the opportunity to host year after year. (Maybe we can hire someone to dust/clean for us this year!)
Until next time!
E